Riverside Discovery Center Trip
It's the end of my first week at Frontier!
How great is our God! :)
I didn't bring along my big camera, but I still managed to capture a few good pictures!
The drive into Nebraska was filled with AMAZING views!
AMERICA!
Saysha being cute
We made Christi dig for fossils like a little kid. ;)
One of the friendly Ibis'
I gotta say, my favorite part of the whole zoo was getting to talk to this guy. He was super friendly and interactive... He even sat down and posed for me!
This one speaks for itself... :D
Saysha, Amanda and I.
Cool view of Meghan driving!
More driving in the car pictures.
Nathan and Evan took the back facing seats and we're goofing off almost the entire time with some of our friends in the car behind us! XD
After the zoo, we played hide and seek in Walmart (while also trying to shop!) Funny enough Mr. and Mrs. Miles also happened to be there, completely unaware that a bunch of us students (including their daughter) were running around the store playing a game. They were actually super good-natured about it and thought the whole thing was pretty funny!
I was also pleasantly surprised that they knew my name and recognized me right away in the middle of the store. Our freshman class has around 75 students and we've only been going to school for one week!
Afterwards we all got lunch at Jimmy Johns and went to a park and played Frisbee &Volleyball for a few hours. The volleyball court was actually a sand court, so that was a different experience for me, but it was super fun. I had sand everywhere! XD
We also took a few group pictures before heading out.
I'll post them later, once they get sent to us! :)



















It sounds like a really nice day for everyone! And, I was trying to say on Marco Polo last night, but your internet kept slowing down....that it is wonderful for a school to have such a sense of family as to pay such close attention to first time students and how they are doing!! I know I went to their FB page and followed to learn more about the school and I made a comment that you, by name, was our granddaughter and we wanted to learn more about your school. I got an immediate response back from someone, that knew your name and that they would be taking great care of you and helping you get adjusting to the school. I felt reassured about that. Way better than a state college or university would be doing for away from home students! Love Gma and Gpa
ReplyDeleteLove these updates, Haley! Sounds like you’re settling in well.
ReplyDelete