Update on Last Summer in Alaska!!
Time is going by REALLY fast!!
There are so many things I could talk about but I don't want to write a whole book! (And you probably don't want to read a whole book for that matter... 😜)
I had the opportunity to spend last summer in Alaska with InterAct Ministries.
They have something called the "Engage!" program which is designed to give young people experience in missions work and give them a taste of what that looks like specifically in Alaska.
Here's a quick video of our time there!
They have something called the "Engage!" program which is designed to give young people experience in missions work and give them a taste of what that looks like specifically in Alaska.
Here's a quick video of our time there!
I have to say, it was a very growing and stretching experience in a lot of ways!
I am so thankful to have spent my summer up here. I've made friends, shared the gospel, prayed hard and often, gotten bitten by mosquitoes and other bugs more times than I could count, caught a fish, bought some beaver fur, hiked (small) mountains, bonded with my teammates and even worked as dispatch at an airport!
I am so thankful to have spent my summer up here. I've made friends, shared the gospel, prayed hard and often, gotten bitten by mosquitoes and other bugs more times than I could count, caught a fish, bought some beaver fur, hiked (small) mountains, bonded with my teammates and even worked as dispatch at an airport!
All of these experiences are cool in their own right, yet I am in awe of how the Lord works through them to continually grow and stretch me in ways I could not even fathom, and wouldn't even know to choose for myself.
Something that has been very clear is my own weaknesses and my own inability to do life outside of the Lord's strength. He doesn't want me to be walking in my own wisdom or living in my own comfort zones.
Last summer was a summer that opened my eyes to a lot of things!
Last summer was a summer that opened my eyes to a lot of things!
I am so weak and frail, but honestly guys... when I am weak God is strong.
I've had to face some of my greatest fears and conquer them.
It has been exhausting honestly... but I wouldn't change anything about it!
~"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7
~ "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7
~"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6
Comments
Post a Comment