First Day at Frontier

All I can say is WOW!

I have met so many new faces today, shared more laughs than I ever thought possible and have met so many wonderful brothers and sisters in Christ.
I'm so excited for what this next year will bring!

This morning Mom and I drove out to La Grange and dropped me off. She almost immediately had to leave to catch her flight, so we said goodbye.
Yes, I cried. Tears of sadness, tears of joy... So many emotions! I was overwhelmed by a feeling of being led and carried by the Lord. I was scared... this was a big step of faith, but He goes before me and will make my paths straight. He was right there and I felt that peace that passes all understanding. It was surreal. What an amazing God we serve!

Lunch was at 1 pm, registration was at 2. I purchased all my books and lecture notes from the bookstore and got to pick out a free t-shirt!
Before all this though, I was able to meet my other room mates. Their names are Amanda and Christi. Christi is a senior at the school and Amanda is a junior. I think I'm gonna get along well with these two ladies, Praise the Lord! I was able to meet a lot of other young ladies too. Everyone is super friendly!

After registration, I went out with a group of other students and played Ultimate Frisbee. This was a ton of fun!
Dinner was at 6pm. Afterwards a group of girls and I took a walk around La Grange.
When we got back I decided to be a social butterfly and meet as many other students as I could. All kinds of games were being played that I popped in and out of. There was basketball, pingpong, pool, air hockey, foosball, spike ball and of course people talking and sharing stories of their families, hometown, how they came to know the Lord, etc..

All that to say, it was AMAZING, I am exhausted, my social meter is on empty, and Glory be to our Great God!


Well, that's all folks! I think I'm gonna head to bed now, as we have an orientation and worship service tomorrow!
I'll add in some pictures of the town/scenery down below:






Comments

  1. I love the pictures and your writing. Glad you have great roomies too. Sleep well and enjoy tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on arriving safely! I'm so glad your first day was good! It sounds like you had a lot of fun! What classes are you registered for? And how was church today?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Allen (Part 2)

1 1/2 Volt Ham...AKA Easter Dinner

Update on Last Summer in Alaska!!