Baby Allen! (Part 1)

We found out in July of 2021 that we were expecting a little one! 
We were, of course, over-the-moon excited but also nervous at the thought of becoming parents. We hadn't been trying to get pregnant, but God decided to surprise us with an addition to our family. ❤️
Just 2 months before this I had graduated from Frontier School of the Bible with an associates degree and Justin and I moved from Wyoming all the way to Washington to complete my internship. It was a busy 2 months getting settled in and things were going great. Little did we know that our plans were not the Lord's plans. He had something much better in store!

Over the next few months (really like 7 or 8 months) I questioned whether this really was a good thing or not. I had horrible 'morning' sickness that felt more like "all day unrelenting, stomach flu sickness" and was puking at least 3 or 4 times every day, if not more than that. I ended up loosing a total of 35 pounds until things got getter in the third trimester and I was able to gain some weight back. 
The baby was measuring small for most of the pregnancy so I had to keep getting ultrasounds to make sure there was no growth restrictions or other things going wrong. Thankfully our little one had a huge growth spurt towards the end and the doctors stopped being concerned with our progress. Especially since I started gaining weight and the nausea & puking had subsided.

Here are some of our favorite ultrasound pictures: 


Next, we decided to have a gender reveal party. During the ultrasound I didn't look and they didn't tell me one way or another, so before the party only my mom knew whether Baby Allen was a boy or a girl.

I had a strong feeling our little one was going to be a girl, but I was excited to find out either way.

For the big reveal, my mom made cake bites and we all got in a circle. Each person got a cake bite, but there were two specially colored ones in the batch. If baby Allen was a boy they would be blue, for a girl they would be pink!
Mom gave the two special ones to Justin and I.

The results:
Baby Allen is a GIRL!! 🥳😍💜

We were so excited! (And could now begin collecting girl specific items!)
(Part 2 to follow)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Allen (Part 2)

1 1/2 Volt Ham...AKA Easter Dinner

Update on Last Summer in Alaska!!