Update! Time is flying by!

Hello my fellow blog readers!

It's been over a month since my last post. I hadn't quite realized this fact... whoops!
The time has really flown by! (Thank you, Kiwi for emailing me 😉)

Many exciting things have happened in the last month and I'm continually being reminded of God's faithfulness. He is at work in so many different ways, not only in our local communities but also worldwide throughout every tongue, tribe and nation!

As for the update, I will try to be concise! (Although I make no promises! 😉)

The last week in September was Frontier Focus weekend.
We had a large number of highschool students who had the opportunity to experience college life at a Bible school. They attended some of our classes (which ended up taking place in the chapel) and stayed in the dorms with us.
It was a fun and heckic weekend full of deep conversations and many ministry opportunities!

The week after this (the first week of October) we had an Epistles of John midterm exam and I went to Utah on a missions trip! My next post will talk in greater detail about this. 😉 It was such a wonderful eye opening experience. Utah needs the gospel!

The 2nd week of October hit me pretty hard. It was a week full of midterm exams, but I got through it by trusting in the Lord, meditating on His word and studying a TON! As I recall, I was averaging around 4 hours of sleep per  night. Coffee was a faithful and heavilly relied upon friend.

Friday the 12th was the Women's banquet and the "Manference." 😂😎

The men went away for the weekend, so it was just us ladies on campus.
Our banquet was candy shop/retro themed, so we all dressed up in 1920-1950's attire and focused on "our Sweet Jesus". We got to hear a wonderful message that Kristan Stephens put together and taught, and took lots of silly pictures with one another. All in all, we had a wonderful ladies-only time. I will have to include our photos in another blog post!

As I recall, the guys also had a great time over the weekend (particularly involving tons of well cooked steak and a rapping/beatboxing presentation by Connor and Ben Keller 😂😉) and got to hear a great message from Ben Coleman.

We had special lectures the next week after that.
This year, Mr. Hornick taught through 1 Corinthians.
It was such a wonderful time! The whole school came together as one class in the chapel and we just put our whole focus on studying this one book of God's word!
Everyone had the same homework each day and turned in our notebooks for grading at the end of the week.
Over that weekend we got our midterm grades back. I'm praising the Lord for allowing me to do well on all my tests and ending up receiving high grades on all of them! 😊

Finally, last week (phew, I feel so long-winded writing this!) was the Missions Conference. This was, by far, my most favorite week of the school semester to date.

I could easily write several blog posts on all of the different things I learned last week. (I may, in fact, do just that!)

For this post however, I will simply state that I am so grateful for missionaries- here in the United States and around the World! They are the obedient, faithful, courageous, bold, self-sacrificing Christians, who are setting an example practically of what it looks like to daily take up their crosses and follow the Lord in any and every circumstance!

The Lord is powerfully at work through these men and women, and I'm so thankful for their wisdom, experience and heart for God and his people.

This next generation needs more Christ-like mentors and servant-leaders who are willing to come alongside and disciple us. 
We so desire to glorify God and eventually go out one day, as competent, prepared, humble teachers ourselves, and reach our future generations-until Christ's eventual return.

Romans 10:14 and 15 says: "How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!"

Every single one of us is either a sender or a sent one. If you're a Christian you have a wonderful command to go and share your faith with others. Jesus said in the Great Commission: "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."
(Read Matthew 28 for the whole context 😌)

The church is plan A. There is no plan B!

God has chosen to use us, broken, sinful people that we are, as his chosen method to reveal himself to the multitudes of lost and dying souls! We are God's plan!
He wants to use you and he wants to use me!
Isn't this a wonderful thing to think about?

On the heels of those wonderful verses, I shall end this post-as I have nothing more to say. 😊😉
Future updates will be coming soon!

Friends, pray for my time management skills and keeping my main focus on Christ and Christ alone; that I would make him the first and most preeminent reciever of my attentions & affections!

Grace to you and peace from God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ!

I bid thee farewell!
Much Love! ❤

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Allen (Part 2)

1 1/2 Volt Ham...AKA Easter Dinner

Update on Last Summer in Alaska!!