Back to Blogging!
Hey everyone! Wow, it has been a LOOOONG time since I wrote a post on this blog.
(Over a year? Yeah... Aw man....)
We've had a few significant changes since I last posted on this blog.
First of all WE'VE RELOCATED! :) We move into our new house on October 6th, 2015!
This last year our whole farm vision had to be put on hold due to us updating/selling the house and all the work that goes along with that...
but we're getting back into the swing of things now and beginning to re-establish our vision. (Hence me updating this blog!)
Our animal situation:

I'm looking at possibly working toward having a Grade A goat dairy in the future. I'm excited to see what the Lord does with my future. I'm letting Him direct my steps but I'm prayerfully considering the possibility! :)
We decided to keep our 2 cats and Jeremiah's dog (Remington) also.
As far as the pigeons go I decided to keep my 3 favorite breeds with 1-3 pairs from each breed.
We kept all our geese, (Omega, Kirra and their 7 babies) but sometime soon we're going to have goose for dinner! Several of the male baby geese have turned out less docile than I had hoped...
We kept our 2 female American Guinea Hog pigs (AshleyBarleyBacon and Arwen) because we didn't have time/storage space to butcher them during the move.
I kept my best breeding family of the Partridge Chantecler Chickens (plus a bunch of laying hens to give to friends)

I'm really looking forward to establishing an awesome chicken breeding set-up at our new house and selling chicks/eggs/laying hens to local feed stores & friends!!
We have 4 Muscovy Ducks, A black Male, 2 Brown/Dun colored females and 1 White/Lavender colored female. We're hoping to breed out some interesting varieties from this mix of genetic colors!
Well, I think that covers all the animals. :)
(Over a year? Yeah... Aw man....)
We've had a few significant changes since I last posted on this blog.
First of all WE'VE RELOCATED! :) We move into our new house on October 6th, 2015!
This last year our whole farm vision had to be put on hold due to us updating/selling the house and all the work that goes along with that...
but we're getting back into the swing of things now and beginning to re-establish our vision. (Hence me updating this blog!)
Our animal situation:
We kept 3 dairy goats in milk through the move (Mariam, Genesis and Ellie Mae) and kept 2 nubian doelings (Faith and Frauline) and a La Mancha weather (Buffalo Jack) as well. We sold all our bucks.

I'm looking at possibly working toward having a Grade A goat dairy in the future. I'm excited to see what the Lord does with my future. I'm letting Him direct my steps but I'm prayerfully considering the possibility! :)
We decided to keep our 2 cats and Jeremiah's dog (Remington) also.
As far as the pigeons go I decided to keep my 3 favorite breeds with 1-3 pairs from each breed.
We kept all our geese, (Omega, Kirra and their 7 babies) but sometime soon we're going to have goose for dinner! Several of the male baby geese have turned out less docile than I had hoped...
We kept our 2 female American Guinea Hog pigs (AshleyBarleyBacon and Arwen) because we didn't have time/storage space to butcher them during the move.

I'm really looking forward to establishing an awesome chicken breeding set-up at our new house and selling chicks/eggs/laying hens to local feed stores & friends!!
We have 4 Muscovy Ducks, A black Male, 2 Brown/Dun colored females and 1 White/Lavender colored female. We're hoping to breed out some interesting varieties from this mix of genetic colors!
Well, I think that covers all the animals. :)









Hi Haley! Thanks for the update! Moving with animals can be a considerably difficult undertaking at times! Where did you all move to?
ReplyDelete~Bethany Fast
Hi Bethany, it's so good to hear from you! We're moving about an hour south of where we used to live.
DeleteIf you know where Arlington is we're pretty close to there. :)
Yes, I do know where Arlington is. :) How exciting for you all! :) Are you moving primarily for more land or for location purposes? I will keep you all in prayer as you make your move! :)
DeleteHaley, good to see the blog back up. I KNOW you can be successful with your plans with you praying and listening to God! Are you going to keep the farm name? I totally encourage you with the free range chickens too. GPA and I ran into a lady at Walmart this week who knew all about free range chickens and said if she had a source she would happily pay $6.00/do for eggs like she used to in California.
ReplyDelete