busy, busy BUSY!

It's been forever since I've posted anything. Life gets crazy, haha!

School is exhausting but interesting. This year we decided to do a Co-op for Tapestry of Grace... we're the only family on the west coast though! This is my last year in high school (hopefully!)
At this point I'm not sure which college I'm going to attend after high school or if I'm even going to attend college at all... My thoughts: would it help me be a better help-meet to my future husband if I went to college? Instead would I be tempted to jump into a career life? I'm really not sure! I'm praying God will execute his will and direct me where he wants me to be :)

The animals are doing great. We have around 80 (yes... eight-zero!) chickens right now. Most are Partridge Chanteclers and the 8 or 9 others are Delewares. They're becoming meat soon...Yes I butcher them! We've got some fencing to put up... gotta separate the table destined males from the rest of the flock. We're almost ready to begin selling meat! Let me know if you're interested. :)

Goat update: We've sold 2 bucklings so far, yay 1 more to go! For those of you who don't know, we've had an ongoing infection on Delila's udder skin... We've tested/cultured for everything and our vet's can't figure it out either. Poor Delila! Well at least she hasn't gotten mastitis yet. It gets worse then better.... she gets pea sized bubbles filled with puss- followed by crusty, black colored, thick skin. Any experience with something like this?
Our big ol' boys will be fulfilling several buck service requests soon. (They are destroying our fencing system trying to get to the does though!)
The show pigeons have been multiplying out of control these last few months. Its slowly coming to an end now, it's getting colder and the birds are building up fat for the winter. I have babies and young birds for sale or 4-H birds once we have more members in our club.

We had a great morning at church; a convicting sermon, talking with friends/meeting new ones and spying on ones I'm too shy to talk to... oh just kidding, I never do that! ;)

Hopefully I can teach myself to become a regular blogger and post things often! I haven't quite figured out how to do it on my phone... that's where all my pictures are since I don't have a regular camera yet.

Well I guess that's all for now :D
Happy blog-reading!

Comments

  1. Hi Haley Gray! I am surprised that this post just came thru to me today!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Allen (Part 2)

1 1/2 Volt Ham...AKA Easter Dinner

Update on Last Summer in Alaska!!